A year just went by...


July 2009… It has been an year of my dear dear Grandma’s departure to the abode of GOD…and I m missing her since day 1…

I had been with her since my birth…and have always experienced her as a power packed personality I must say…

Let me tell you friends…she, I believe, was ahead of her times…times when parents never sent their girls to schools, she studied…times when single mothers couldn’t manage households, she did it with the best upbringing of her kids…times when love marriages where considered not that good, she allowed two successful wedlock in the family…such was her strong, exuberant persona…I bet it’s coz of her we are with the time at least…

On a personal note…I shared a mixed relation with her…some real sweet memories down the lane…I always had kinda small clashes with her…the most annoying thing which she did was watching those daily soaps…and then I played my part of making remarks on each character and the series…which in turn annoyed her…bingo!!!...and the most loving thing was when she cooked something for us when the meal at home was not which I liked…n the best times I had with her was the night…when I slept besides her, holding her and wishing she never went away from me…

Her well-being was something she could put shame to many…I bet at the age of 81 anyone has teeth as strong as she did…but seeing her during the last few days of life…was painful…I was in Mangalore for MEDICON when her condition deteriorated…coming back, the first thing I did was 2 go to her…with the first glimpse of her plight…I couldn’t control but cry…the only memory splashed into my thoughts was that of holding her during nights and never wanting to let her go…and I really wanted her with me…for that support, for that blessings during important events, for those early waking up, for that affection she had for us, kids…

She’s no more now…still I have a very strong feeling…that she’s there with me…hoping for the best for me…showering her blessings from above…and telling the Almighty to take care of her kids…and it’s surely her love that’s keeping and will keep her alive in my heart forever and ever…

Love You DADIMA eternally…

Comments

  1. i remember the time... u had to leave just before the exams.. very touching! i was never close to my dadi... i now wish i was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really.. it was heart touching....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really heart touching..!!!
    I never lived with my grand mom...:(
    I have no such memories...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanx all!!!

    For Amu n Pooja: its really an amazing thing to be with her...must say...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it is a sweet gesture on your part...i am moved by it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It takes a lot to pen things down...
It'll take a minute for you to comment... never deprive us of the pleasure :)

Popular posts from this blog

The 'First' Time!

An Art of Being Apart

The Expression!